Friday, April 14, 2017

HIS RESPONSE, OUR RESPONSE




I had started to write this Friday night after our Good Friday service at church, but it was late and I wasn't able to finish my thought process. Thankfully, there was a reason for that, because there was more to ponder. 






It's not that He was speechless. It's not that He didn't know what to say. . .

Jesus knew that had to be done, and by His humble meekness, He fulfilled a prophesy spoken of Him thousands of years earlier. 











Jesus had no response. He could have spoke words to cut right to the heart. He could have spoke to them their deepest secrets and sins. He could have told them of the intricate plans He has for all eternity. . . But He knew He had to die. And He knew this was the hour. 







FAST FORWARD TO SUNDAY...
Let's look at two responses of the revealed risen Savior to His closest followers:







How is my response to the risen Jesus? Am I "deep in wonder and full of joy" like the women were when they first heard the news? Or am I "holding back" and "unsure about risking myself."  

The women were the first to hear the report. They had not yet seen the risen Jesus and yet they were fully in, fully believing. Then Jesus showed up. Yet the disciples... lets say that again... the DISCIPLES saw face to face the risen Lord and yet they were unsure. 

There are two main things I take away from this:

1. Self-evaluations. What is my response to Jesus? Am I fully in and enveloped in the majesty of the risen King? Or am I filled with parts of doubt, confusion, fear? Those areas I need to bring to God in prayer and ask for an outpouring of faith! God is there to give that to us!

2. Grace. God STILL used these doubtful men to build His church. He filled them up with the Holy Spirit days later, equipping them to share the amazing story with nation upon nation. He used these men in mighty ways. This encourages me that God will use me despite my struggles, and questions, and fears. 


Each year as our focus is drawn intently on the cross at this time, I am still awe struck that Jesus would sacrifice everything for us. I am still humbled by the pain he went through, physically and spiritually as he carried the weight of the sins of the world. Thank You, Jesus for the work You did on our behalf, and that even now you sit at the right hand of God. Thank You.

Sincerely,
Jen



PS Here is a family Easter photo for you. 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment