Saturday, June 7, 2014

Day one

We started a new book, One Thousand Gifts, by Ann Voskamp. She was challenged to make a list of 1000 things she was thankful for. 

As I start her book, I too feel led to start listing off all I have to be thankful for. This is my view as a look down from this contemplative moment:


... Perfect and sweet, she looks at me as a peer over my book. The first thing to catch my eye is her glorious double chin. You see, I have fed this little lady from my own body from the moment she was born. This is something I had struggled with so much with Charlee and Jovee. I was never successful with breastfeeding them.  So though it may sound crazy, my THANKS #1 is for Lucia's double chin.

Thank You, God, for equipping my body with the ability to nourish this child completely and the knowledge to do it properly and effectively.

THANKS #2 is for her sweet head that I can rest my cheek upon as I feed and rock her. Her smooth baby hair is so sweet and soft and delicate. I love little head!

THANKS #3 is for the trifecta that makes up #charleejoandlu also known as my daughters. I never thought I would be a mom, especially to three beautiful ladies!


“Your eyes are windows into your body. If you open your eyes wide in wonder and belief, your body fills up with light. If you live squinty-eyed in greed and distrust, your body is a dank cellar. If you pull the blinds on your windows, what a dark life you will have! (Matthew 6:22, 23 MSG)


My mind races to things upon things to be thankful for. I would love for you to take this challenge with me!! May our hearts abound it gratitude!! 


Sincerely,
Jen




No comments:

Post a Comment