Monday, June 9, 2014

Days Two and Three

 
Well, yesterday I spent most of the afternoon nursing a fussy baby and nursing myself back to health. I had a horrible reaction to our lunch, which clearly contained egg that I was unaware of.  Well, today I am feeling 100% better!!! So...

THANKS #4 is for my wonderful husband, Ricky. 
Yesterday, when I was having a gallbladder attack, he ran to the store to pick up a remedy, and then cared for the kiddos while I rested. (and I am so thankful!) So, sorry to be shmoopy woopy but here ya go! He is just so handsome! I often just look at his face and think, I could stare at him for the rest of my life. He has super great style, he is hilarious, he is an amazing daddy, and he is my best friend. Even before we were together we spent all of our time together, and still do to this day.  He is incredibly tallented and successful at everything he tries. I could go on and on about how wonderful this man is. Lord, thank You for this great husband You have given me. Thank You for giving him the patience to wait for me. Thank You that I can be myself infront of him, completely raw and with no bondaries and he still loves me. 

THANKS #5 is for the miraculous product that is Flax Seed!
I have struggled with gallbladder attacks anytime I have certain trigger foods. Well, eggs are often impossible to guess if they're in something and yesterday was a bad one! I am so thankful to find a remedy of flaxseed tea! It was one of the weirdest things I ever drank! It was the consistency of egg whites, but I felt 100% better 30 minutes after drinking it. I am SO SO thankful for this! Last week, I was hurting for 3 days!! So thank You LORD!

THANKS #6 is for this book we have started. "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp. This is the prompt to start a list of thanks. 

God really has spoken to me that my heart, if focused on thanks, will be a healthy heart. Honestly, how often do my prayers circle around my needs. Granted, God wants us to come to Him with everthing and He is always open hearted, but I no longer want my relationship with Him to be so self centered. I have been given so much and in all reality, I should be able to continue this list every day till I can thank God to His face!

THANKS #7 & #8 are for my mommy and daddy:
I love them so. It has been a scarey year so far, with Mama being in the hopsital for a month and almost losing her.  I am SO thankful for God finally giving the Dr's the wisdom to find what was wrong and fix it. It was close. Today, Mom is out with Jovee for her special "alone day" for Jovee's birthday. I'm sure they are having so much fun!

The girls LOVE their Papa Lance! They love to go visit and climb up and sit in his lap as we watch TV or jump and dance around his living room while he blares Journey (yuck). They get so excited to visit him at work to see all the "cool cars he is making."  Last week he was running around waving his arms like a nut to show the girls his "magic" way to turn on the motion sensored lights. They thought it was amazing! (i regret not getting a video clip of it... it was great)


THANKS #9 is for my salvation. These are not in order of the amount of thanks, these are merely as they come to mind. I don't even know where to start with this. God, Himself, paid for my wrongs by His own blood. How can I even repay Him? And to continue, He day by day renews me and restores parts of my heart when I spend time with Him. He has given me new life here on earth, newness of life every day, and life eternally... and for that I will be forever grateful!


No comments:

Post a Comment