Sunday, June 29, 2014

Day Twenty Two (a little late)

(Emiko, Jovee, & Bella)

174. Yessssssterday, I was thankful for having such a busy day of celebrations that I didn't even have time to write this!! We ran around all morning getting ready for Jovee's Birthday Party. (She didn't even notice the chocolate donut I promised her that we didn't have time to get!)

175. Party supplies (despicable me theme... MINIONS!) and 

176. A fun store bought cake we decorated ourselves (thanks to ABC cake decorating just blocks from our house!)

(This was the only picture I got! Thankfully my mom snapped a few!)


177. Not having to worry about her dairy and soy allergies! (Birthday cakes have always been a pain to work around those allergies and now she has grown out of them!!!!)
(Chompin' on some pizza and wings, rockin' her minion shirt!!) nomnomnom

178. All our friends and family that came to celebrate with us! We got to see grandparents and great-grandparents and cousins and good friends we see all them time and good friends we haven't seen in forever... So blessed!
Cake time!

(So'oh holding Lucia. She's the matriarch of the family and holds all the babies. We just love her!)

179. My mom was there. I don't even have a picture of her because she was the one taking all the pictures! It hit me for the first time yesterday that earlier this year she was very very VERY close to going to Heaven. She spent a month in the hospital, half of which they had not know what was wrong and kept sending her home, only to lead to an emergency surgery hours after they had discharged her for the 4th time thinking she was better. She spent more time as they drained her body of the infection that was spread all throughout. Things are ALMOST back to normal and she has another surgery to go before life can resume as it was before 2014 started ... But she was there with us, holding Lucia, bringing the traditional birthday balloons, helping fold all the tissue paper to be reused for another present (best idea ever!) and that is something I'm really thankful for. 

180. Dinner party!! Yes. Yes I did throw two birthday parties in one day!! We had some friends and family over for my sister in law's birthday. I made baked ziti, garlic bread and brownies. It was a super yummy night and it was so nice to celebrate my "Seester" who has grown up so much since I first entered this family when she was 15. She's getting married!? And their checking out apartments!? And shopping for curtains!!!?? It's just so fun to see them excited and preparing for married life as Ricky and I remember when that was us... Picking out items for our home, signing our first lease, me, having to learn to drive a manual transmission (that I now love!) Even remembering that feeling when we got home from our honeymoon, and all them family was over to open gifts and eat pizza, and when they left, feeling  so giddy and surreal that I didn't have to go home!? This is OUR home now!? It's just a beautiful thing. 

181. Staying up late with them to talk about all that stuff!! Marriage counseling... Wedding plans... Apartment searching... I'm just so excited for this new chapter in my Seester's life :) ... And the girls are super excited they can start calling him. "Uncle Bran Bran!" Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment